Financial Advisor Referral Coaching
We want you to be successful in attracting referrals!
Contact us today to find out how we can help you attract more referrals.
Most financial advisors, even after they have read the book, participated in one of our workshops, or heard Steve speak at an industry event, find that getting personal guidance in implementing our principles of referral marketing is the key to getting the maximum benefit. Our personalized coaching will help make sure you get the biggest return on your investment of time and effort.
Our process is organized around the seven steps in our referral marketing system, illustrated on this mind map of the process. It begins with an assessment – where do you stand on each of these steps? You may already have a clear idea about the unique needs of your target market or you may have a unique and powerful value proposition. We meet you where you are and start from there to help you build your complete referral marketing system.
Once we have customized your map to include those elements you have already addressed, we work with you to develop a strategy systematically build your financial advisor referral marketing plan one step at a time.
- Your ideal client – Who is your tribe? What need do they share with each other but make them different from the rest of the population? This is the foundation that we will build your marketing plan on. Understanding what makes your ideal client unique (and teaching your clients and centers of influence that these are the people you have something special to offer) is what we will build your special value on.
- Your value proposition – What unique things do you have to offer your ideal client that addresses their special need? Is it an expertise other advisors have not developed? Is it a special process your ideal clients cannot find with other advisors? Do you have experience, insight, or interests that are important to your target market? It is not the services that other advisors offer – the investment management, the financial planning, the great customer service that your competition talks about with prospects. It is the answer to the most important question in your marketing plan: why should your ideal client hire you instead of any of your competition?
- Your brand promise – This is how you deliver on your value proposition. What process have you built to systematically address unique needs of your ideal client? What services do you offer to provide that special thing your target market is looking for as well as the basics of financial advice? You can see how these first three steps fit together – the unique need of your clients, a solution offered through your value proposition, and the systematic delivery through your brand promise.
- Gathering client feedback – Before we develop the strategy for getting your clients and centers of influence to talk about your special value, we will test it with your existing clients. It may be through a series of personal interviews, it may be with a client survey, or we may help you organize and run a client advisory board. Whatever route you choose, finding out what your clients believe is different and valuable about what you do, and what changes or additions would be appreciated most, will help you make sure that your message and your offering connects with your target market. Sometimes just learning the words they use to describe what they appreciate most about you gives us powerful messages to use in your marketing.
- Your learning plan – Chances are pretty good that even though you have tease in the special needs of your clients, there are areas in which you can enhance those skills and become more valuable. Part of the overall referral marketing plan is to identify those areas where additional study can make you more referral both.
- Your communication plan – This is where it all comes together. We work with you to develop a comprehensive strategy for interacting with your target market and their other advisors and getting word out about your special value. It includes the big things like what should be in your marketing brochure or on your website. It also includes the less visible but more powerful things, like what conversations you can have with clients and centers of influence to help train them become better referral sources. We will help you decide which channels of communication will work best – a website, a blog, social media, public relations, magazine articles, even authoring a book. Whatever you choose, we will help you make sure your messaging is clear and on-topic and positioned well to connect your target market.
- Evaluate and revise – Finally, once we have put the strategy in motion we will help you analyze and update it.
Through our process, we will document where you are and systematically help you design and execute a strategy to refine a targeted message to your ideal clients, communicate your value to them, and help you get them talking about you in a way that attracts referrals more than they ever have before – and without having to ask!
It takes a coach experienced in helping financial advisors to see past the usual slogans, the tired clichés, and the common pigeonholes too many advisors rely on. If you have ever had the urge to talk about providing your clients peace of mind, the special relationship you have with your clients, or your unparalleled customer service, you need to talk to us. Because you are saying what every advisor says, and that clients cannot translate into what you can do for them.
Our coaching is done by phone, through 60-90 minute calls every other week. You get your own customized workbook with exercises and homework to help you translate these ideas into actions. Our engagements are as short or as long as it takes to get you from where you are to where you want to be.
Contact us today and find out how we can help you stand out from the field – and attract more of the kind of client you want most!
For more information on how to put our concepts into action, contact us here.